Follow us: youtubefacebooktwitterflickrfeed rss
Home|Why|The Residence|The Rooms|Maps & Directions|Links|Photogallery|Reservations|Special Offers|Newsletter|Contacts
la storia

History

Three important families from central Italy have lived in the building which includes two ancient dwellings: "Palazzo Alberti " and "Palazzo Andreozzi". The Alberti family came to live in Bevagna in the 13th century. Donna Vanna di Celso Alberti married Giovanni Bianconi and their son Giacomo Bianconi (1220 1301) was a charismatic thaumaturge and friar, beatified by the Church. The Andreozzi family came from Rome in the 18th century; they went back to Rome after Gaetano Andreozzi's marriage to Marchioness Maria Vienna Lepri Bernini. In 1788 Nicola Andreozzi sold the building to Carlantonio di Crispolto Angeli Nieri, chief consul of Bevagna, a member of the ancient Angeli family who had been living there since the 16th century. In 1811 Giuseppe Angeli Nieri's son, Filippo, married Lucrezia Volumnia Mongalli, acquiring the title of Count Mongalli for his descendants.

Orto degli Angeli - la Casa This family, native to Leonessa, was already outstanding there in the 16th century. In 1686 Abbot Bernardino Mongalli was conferred the title of Lateran Count. Later the family moved to Spoleto, where Tiburzio Mongalli (1754-1801) married Caterina, the sister of Annibale dei Conti della Genga, who later became Pope Leone XII (1760-1829). The present owner of the palace is Francesco Antonini dei Conti Angeli Nieri Mongalli.